Coventry Building Society Arena has forged an enviable reputation as the leading international venue for a variety of events, attracting more than 1.3 million visitors a year.
We are renowned for hosting a myriad of exhibitions and sporting events, including the Commonwealth Games. The home of Coventry City Football Club, Coventry Building Society Arena is synonymous with music, having hosted many of the biggest bands on the planet, including the The Killers, Rammstein, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, Harry Styles, Arctic Monkeys and in 2024 we will welcome Bryan Adams.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional to join our friendly and highly motivated team to achieve our short and long-term financial plans within our venue. This role is perfect for an experienced B2B business development specialist who will be dedicated to grow the venue sponsorship & commercial partnerships. The ideal candidate will be a well organised, methodical and thorough salesperson who wants a hybrid mix of office (Coventry) and remote based working.
Why join us?
- Friendly working environment
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Be part of a successful forward-thinking team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and approach new clients with appropriate sponsorship offers and commercial agreements.
- You will be accountable for implementing a general business development strategy.
- Constantly keeping updated with the current trends and developments of the market
- Establishing and developing high-level relationships with key customers
- Managing and maintaining good relationships with existing accounts
- Meeting direct sales and event targets
- Managing the full sales cycle
- Strong commercial awareness
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors’ venues
- Visiting clients on a regular basis, at least twice a year
- Attending our events and working effectively with the on-site sales team to ensure the smooth running of the events and looking after our sponsors.
Skills and Competencies
- Solid driven B2B sponsorship sales and business development experience within arena/sporting stadia (minimum 2 years).
- Proven new business development and account management abilities
- Good understanding of the conference, sport and live entertainment business within a stadium/venue environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Solid commercial experience with dealing with commercial sponsors and partner relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel – both nationally and internationally
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- 25 days annual + 8 statutory days
- Private Healthcare
- Car allowance
- Hybrid working