An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chef de Partie to join us on a casual basis. Working around 5 days over 7 for approximately 20-30 hours weekly including days, evenings, and weekends, the successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation, cooking and delivery of food within all areas of the onsite hotel culinary operation, to ensure all kitchen areas are clean, hygienic and safe at all times.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable to the changing of offers within three different areas of the Arena and be innovative in their approach to food preparation, cooking, and delivery.
This role requires compliance with all food safety legislation and chemical controls throughout whilst on shift.
- Maintain H&S compliance and lead a health & safety culture
- Ensure that silver and gold HSE standards are delivered and maintained in all hotel areas of operation.
- Demonstrate that you take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others
- Ensure you and your team are fully compliant with all training requirements from both Hilton and CBS Arena.
- Ensure full compliance with food safety legislation during every shift worked.
- Forge and maintain excellent relationships with the Hotel Culinary, Arena Culinary and the F&B teams to achieve operational excellence
- Actively participate in stock control procedures ensuring we retain the right stock levels for the business, these are costed accurately and that regular stock takes are completed and reported.
- Ensure portion control, correct preparation, and storage methods, avoiding wastage and keeping down costs for each unit, flexing requirements, as necessary.
- Ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- Ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation, and quality.
- Deliver food promptly and that you work quickly and efficiently to keep up with demand.
- To ensure kitchen and service areas are clean, tidy, and attractive during service.
- Efficiently deal with customer requests promptly and politely.
- Complete all paperwork whilst on shift pertaining to food safety or food management and cleaning standards.
- Listen to customer comments and deal with them as appropriate or pass on to a more senior member of staff to ensure prompt follow up action is taken
- To look out for any problems or potential problems with safety or hygiene and report them to the Head Chef
- Recommend improvements which you believe will help sustain our business and maintain/grow our position within the market.
- Be always a brand ambassador for CBS Arena and ensure the company is an employer of choice.
- Support other CBS Arena units and locations as the needs of the business requires.
- Embrace, always demonstrate and promote CBS principles and model the continuous improvement process. Support with any initiatives that may be implemented from time to time.
- To complete any ad-hoc duties set by the Sous Chef/Executive Chef as required.
- Experience in a demanding food environment (essential)
- Able to multitask – servicing multiple restaurants.
- Can adapt and flex as the business requires.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Must hold a Level 2 Food Safety certificate or higher.
- Strong organisational, time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and public holidays as required