Title: Business Development Manager (2 roles available – 1 North Region and 1 South Region)
Term: Permanent / Full Time 35 Hours per week
Location: Coventry Building Society Arena, Coventry
Salary: Competitive salary, car allowance, expenses, and company bonus scheme
Line Manager: Head of Sales
Primary purpose of the role
- To research, develop, and secure new business opportunities for Coventry Building Society Arena
- Proactive selling within the marketplace to create awareness of the Coventry Building Society Arena
- To achieve personal and team targets set by the Head of Sales in line with the business strategies and identify opportunities to increase the profile of Coventry Building Society Arena and generate sales.
Duties and responsibilities will vary from time to time and the employee will be expected to perform other duties that are reasonably comparable adhering to relevant health, safety and environmental policies at all times.
- Drive set sales targets per annum for Coventry Building Society Arena.
- Support and develop a business plan which demonstrates a clear approach to identifying new industry sectors showing future opportunities and activities.
- In line with the business strategy, effectively plan for future personal sales activities based on agreed KPIs and to meet individual sales targets
- Researching the corporate market focussing on which events are staged at competitors of a similar nature, venues, and major hotels.
- Prepare presentation and proposal documentation that demonstrates the benefits and value proposition of Coventry Building Society Arena to meet clients’ needs
- Negotiate with clients whilst achieving the agreed profit level and ensure all documentation, including contracts, is prepared, issued, and returned within the deadlines
- Development of relationships by having regular face-to-face meetings with clients at Coventry Building Society Arena and off-site
- Plan in regular client meetings to continue to grow the business relationships and develop long-term viability partnerships
- A clear understanding of costs involved in event delivery, making recommendations where improvements can be achieved
- Prepare monthly activities, progress and identify and discuss key issues
- Maintain up-to-date records on clients and sales activity
- Maintain sales reports and complete accurately in a timely fashion
- Ensure customers comply with company terms and conditions of trading – prepare documentation to ensure all contractual details are covered off
- Identify key corporate business with the Head of Sales and develop a strategy and activity plan to secure new business
- Develop a commission and pricing strategy with the Head of Sales to position Coventry Building Society Arena in the marketplace
Skills and experience
- Proven sales experience within a client focussed sales role with similar target levels
- Drive and energy to succeed – must have a ‘hunting’ attitude and tenacity for the sale
- Strong relationship builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of the conference market in a conference centre or hotel
- Ability to self-manage and be proactive in the role
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Commercial acumen - ability to close deals and agree appropriate commercial terms
- Proven understanding of the costs involved in event delivery and influencing additional sales
- Strong negotiator and influencing skills
- Innovative and creative approach to sales generation
- Ability to work effectively as a contributing team member
- Hold a valid driving licence
Examples of key performance indicators
- Achievement of personal revenue target
- Achievement of team target
- Agreed number of face-to-face client meetings per month
- Agreed number of outbound telephone calls to new prospective clients
- Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of two years conference sales or similar consultative sales experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
Please email a covering letter accompanied with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state which region you are interested in.
Closing Date: 14th July 2022
Applicants will be reviewed at time of application and the Company reserve the right to close the application process at any time.